Welcome, Guest: Join Nigeria Student Forum / Login / Trending Now / Recent Topics

Stats: 29,407 Members, 81,077 Topics, 16,371 Comments. Date: Aug 15 2020, 6:33 am

SPECIAL: Gain Admission Into 200 Level To Study In Any University Via IJMB | CAMBRIDGE | JUPEB | NO JAMB | LOW FEES | Call 07063085343, 08086347092 To Register!

Federal College Of Agriculture '500,000 Agric Students Nationwide Study In The Worst Conditions'

Nigeria Student Forum / Educational News / College Of Education / Federal College Of Agriculture '500,000 Agric Students Nationwide Study In The Worst Conditions'

(Go Down)
NSF Banner Ads NSF Banner Ads NSF Banner Ads
Fadeyi Oluwaseun
Ladoke Akintola University Ogbomosho
B.tech Marketing Management
Graduate, Nigeria.
The Provost of the Federal College of Agriculture » , Akure, Dr Samson Odedina, has lamented over the poor conditions under which agricultural students in Nigeria, study.

While speaking with journalists in his office in Akure, Ondo state, on the forthcoming 60th anniversary of the institution in 2017, Odedina revealed that about 500,000 students of the 40 colleges of agriculture in Nigeria learn under the horrible conditions due to their exclusion from the Tertiary Education Trust Fund by an act of parliament.

Punch reports that he described the non-inclusion of colleges of agriculture and polytechnics in the country as part of the beneficiaries of TETFUND, as a national error.

The provost emphasised the need for students in agricultural colleges to be motivated in a bid to set the pace for the involvement of more youths in agriculture, enabling youths to choose it as a career.

“There is an urgent need for government to address discriminatory funding of tertiary agricultural education at the expense of agriculture technology institutions.

“It takes time to amend parliamentary act but in the interest of agriculture and youths embracing it, there is a need for deliberate funding of all federal colleges of agriculture in Nigeria. ”

According to Punch, Odedina also noted that FECA was the first tertiary institution to be established in Ondo State but that the college was facing land grabbing challenges.

He added that over 60% of the institution’s land has allegedly been encroached upon with the other 40% stolen by motor parks and rocks.

Appealing to the state government as well as well-meaning indigenes of Ondo State, Odedina asked for help in saving the institution from land grabbers, stating that the institution is currently in court over some land disputes.

http://opera.pulse.ng/student/federal-college-of-agriculture-500-000-agric-students-nationwide-study-in-the-worst-conditions-id5757818.html
Federal College Of Agriculture

0 Like

Ngstudentforum.com Is The Next Big Hits Student Forum In Nigeria

Don't have an account? Use the form below to signup for a Nigeria Student Forum Account




E.g Seuncoded





I agree to the terms of service

Viewing this topic:
1 guest viewing this topic
NSF Banner Ads NSF Banner Ads NSF Banner Ads
Download the Ngstudentforum app for Android Devices

Disclaimer: Every Nigeria Student Forum member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nigeria Student Forum.
- Copyright © 2016 - 2020. All rights reserved.