Welcome, Guest: Join Nigeria Student Forum / Login / Trending Now / Recent Topics / Campus Exposed / Jamb News / Campus Gists / Nurses Arena

Stats: 18,340 Members, 74,423 Topics, 16,051 Comments. Date: Nov 22 2019, 12:16 pm

NSF Banner Ads NSF Banner Ads NSF Banner Ads
Osorhor Ogenevwegba Michael
Delta state polytechnic otefe oghara ( DESPO )
Graduate, Nigeria.
So you want to work abroad? Before you quit your job to travel, you’ve got to figure out where you want to go. And if you’re planning on working, that means navigating the world of visas.

The surest way to secure a visa is to do it through work. Most countries have paths to work permits or residency as long as a company sponsors you. But if you’re self-employed or are making the move without corporate support, there are a few more hoops you’ll have to jump through.

First, the basics. You’ll need a passport. A lot of places also want to make sure you don’t get stuck there, so you need to show you have enough money to get yourself home. Many countries’ working visas are intended to attract young workers for temporary gigs. If you’re under 30 (or in some cases 35), you’ll have an easier time getting a working holiday visa. If you’re not, here are some other ways you can work abroad.

Easy Work Visa Countries

1. The Netherlands

If you’re an entrepreneur, the Netherlands wants you. The country is looking to create new products and jobs by attracting foreign innovators and scientists. If you have a start-up idea, you can apply for a one-year residency in the Netherlands. During this time you’ll meet with a local mentor and build your business. After 12 months you’ll have the option to extend your stay and apply for the standard self-employed work permit, which is available through the Dutch-American Friendship Treaty. Want to skip the start-up step? The Dutch-American Friendship Treaty, or DAFT, encourages small businesses and self-employed entrepreneurs to take up residency and work in the Netherlands. Another plus? WeWork has offices in Amsterdam.

2. Ireland

Ireland’s work visas don’t come with age restrictions; all ages are welcome. The catch here is to get the 12-month Working Holiday Authorization, you have to either be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate education, or have recently graduated (within the past year). You also have to pay a fee of €300 and show proof of a return ticket plus €1,500 to live off of. (If you don’t have a return ticket you must show that you have at least €3,000 available.) Workers who don’t meet these requirements can apply for general work permits, though these are more difficult to get as they require either specific skillsets or proof that labor is needed in your field.

3. Australia and New Zealand

Young Americans have a fairly easy time getting work visas in Australia and New Zealand. Both allow stays of 12 months to U.S. citizens between 18 and 30 years old. To work in New Zealand, you need NZ$4,200 and a ticket home (or enough money to buy one). The Australian work and holiday visa has similar guidelines but limits you to working a maximum of 6 months per employer. Other visas, such as those for recent engineering graduates and those who pass a skills assessment.

5. Cambodia

Cambodia remains one of the most popular countries for expats to get a visa in. You can get a long-term “business visa” that can be renewed indefinitely, without being sponsored by a company. However, despite the name it doesn’t technically allow the holder to work in Cambodia. To do that legally, you’ll need to apply for a work permit, though the country has historically been fairly lax about enforcing those permits (some reports warn that’s changing, however).

6. Germany

It’s not the easiest permit to apply for, but if you’re a freelancer you should put Germany on your radar. Berlin offers an “artist visa” that lets freelancers establish residency in Germany for the purpose of self-employment. You’ll have to fork over up to €110 and a lot of documentation—your business plan, proof of health insurance, and so forth.

Another option? Become a student. Some countries, like Germany and Finland, welcome Americans into their graduate programs. Better yet? Right now it’s free (though Finland will start charging non-EU students in 2017). You have to apply for a visa after you enroll in the school, but if you’re thinking about grad school, it might be a good opportunity to live overseas.

Source www.quora.com/unanswered/What-countries-have-the-easiest-visa-requirements
What Countries Have The Easiest Visa Requirements? - Books/Literature/Writing

0 Like

Don't have an account? Use the form below to signup for a Nigeria Student Forum Account

E.g Seuncoded

I agree to the terms of service

Viewing this topic:
1 guest viewing this topic
NSF Banner Ads NSF Banner Ads NSF Banner Ads
Download the Ngstudentforum app for Android Devices

Disclaimer: Every Nigeria Student Forum member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nigeria Student Forum.
- Copyright © 2016 - 2019. All rights reserved.